Texas State Securities Board Report on Cryptocurrencies
- The Texas State Securities Board issued a report finding widespread fraud in cryptocurrency offerings
- Resource Link: https://www.ssb.texas.gov/sites/default/files/CRYPTO%20report%20April%2010%202018.pdf
Federal Reserve white paper "Distributed Ledger Technology in Payments, Clearing, and Settlement"
- Members of the Federal Reserve Board and New York and Chicago Federal Reserve Banks prepared this white paper to explore the Fed's interest in distributed ledger technology and its application in transforming payment, clearing, and settlement processes in the United States.
- Resource Link: https://www.federalreserve.gov/econresdata/feds/2016/files/2016095pap.pdf
Statement by SEC Chairman Jay Clayton and CFTC Chairman J. Christopher Giancarlo: Regulators are Looking at Cryptocurrency
- January 25, 2018 joint statement from SEC and CFTC regarding treatment of cryptocurrencies.
- Resource Link: https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/statement-clayton-giancarlo-012518
- LabCFTC is the focal point for the CFTC’s efforts to promote responsible financial technology (FinTech) innovation and fair competition for the benefit of the American public. LabCFTC is designed to be the hub for the agency’s engagement with the FinTech innovation community.
- Resource Link: http://www.cftc.gov/LabCFTC/index.htm
The Hyperledger Project
- Hyperledger is an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies. It is a global collaboration, hosted by The Linux Foundation, including leaders in finance, banking, Internet of Things, supply chains, manufacturing and Technology.
- Resource Link: https://www.hyperledger.org/
Chamber of Digital Commerce
- The Chamber of Digital Commerce is the world’s leading trade association representing the digital asset and blockchain industry.
- Resource Link: https://digitalchamber.org/
FINRA Warns Investors: Don’t Fall for Cryptocurrency-Related Stock Scams
- December 21, 2017 FINRA warning alerting investors to cryptocurrency scams.
- Resource Link: http://www.finra.org/newsroom/2017/finra-warns-investors-dont-fall-cryptocurrency-related-stock-scams
Cook, Robert W. "Equity Market Surveillance Today and the Path Ahead"
- FINRA President and CEO Robert Cook's September 20, 2017 speech at the Exchequer Club in Washington D.C.
- Resource Link: https://www.finra.org/newsroom/speeches/092017-equity-market-surveillance-today-and-path-ahead
SIFMA Response to FINRA Report
- SIFMA Response to FINRA Report
- Resource Link: http://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/Blockchain-SIFMA-Comment.pdf
IOSCO Research Report on Financial Technologies
- IOSCO Research Report on Financial Technologies
- Resource Link: https://www.iosco.org/library/pubdocs/pdf/IOSCOPD554.pdf
FINRA Report on Blockchain Technology
- FINRA Report on Blockchain Technology
- Resource Link: http://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/FINRA_Blockchain_Report.pdf
DTCC white paper: Embracing Disruption – Tapping the Potential of Distributed Ledgers to Improve the Post-Trade Landscape
- The frenzy around Blockchain and distributed ledgers is unprecedented. Is it a disruptive force on the verge of replacing legacy infrastructures or will the technology produce only marginal impacts in the short-term? As an industry-owned and governed financial market utility, DTCC believes the technology represents a generational opportunity to re-imagine the post-trade infrastructure. But the key to realizing this promise is in fostering industry-wide collaboration and aligning the technology with the core principles of mitigating risk, enhancing efficiencies and driving cost efficiencies. Please note login is required to download the white paper.
- Resource Link: http://www.dtcc.com/blockchain